Thursday, November 03, 2005

To the granny i never had...

To the the Granny I,now, have found

With an emporium of contentment,
there She lives discarded.
no kin or life to speak about,
She owns but her enclosed empire.

I've known her for just six days,not more
but I gather her crippled gaiety.
I could see the maniacal hope
in the her pleas at four and ninety.

Enchained by her breath,She lives on
grasping the quake life had shot.
but dregs of faith still flow her way,
She sips them in tearful submission.

I have my own little huts of dole,
which I build and break quite often.
but her's is a galactic house of woes,
in which She's trapped, with no end.

She could have seen a kin in me,
or seen a masked demon!
but She did seem to welcome me,
to seal the sight of haunting memories.

I cant wait to go back to her,
to feel the warmth of a tacit smile...
to learn the joys of the wrinkled age...
to know how exactly how to 'live' life...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...dregs of faith still flow her way,she sips them in tearful submission.."

too good..hanging onto the last scrap of faith,the last bit of hope..beautiful.

6:26 PM, November 03, 2005  
Blogger Aakarsh said...

asalu!! how do u write!! i mean..ideas????

the last line reveals lot...
cool one.

5:50 PM, November 07, 2005  
Blogger divya said...

thanks yd...edho ungalavvla illainaalum...ezhuduvEn...;-P

aakarsh...thank you.n if i am permitted to say..."look who's talking!!!"

8:31 PM, November 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm...
We gotto go meet Granny when i get back...
donno y, but i got tears reading this poem....its beautiful...

1:40 AM, November 18, 2005  
Blogger divya said...

cant wait to take u to the pati(s)...actually one of 'em passed away last friday...fortunately i was yet to know her well,and so it saved me some tears,myself!

3:23 PM, November 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home