Friday, October 21, 2005

Duas at patny...

Patny signal.
110 seconds more.
11.30 AM
moi, im in this auto (thanx to the early morning drama the grand old bike had to throw at me), very joyfully floating across the thought of crossing the b-e-a-t-i-f-u-l stretch of hussainsagar...idyll...idylll...idllll....
100 seconds.
He approaches me in a very steady pace.He (just like me) remembers pretty well how many times i have escaped him, by just a fraction of a second(timely green signals,i tell you!).I try to sport the bestest 'sod-off-i'm-so-indifferent-to-your-obvious-presence-'look (with a raised eyebrow).He stays there, right palm upwards at about 30 cm distance from me.I now sport the 'ok.i'm trying hard to ignore you.don't distract me'look.damn!i gulped as well.Now he knows i'm just pretending.
75 seconds.
he starts,
"amma aur bava acche rehte.bhai, behen ek dum mast!tum log alag hai;hum logon ko qaali dua dena hi aatha.tum paddhaai ki fikar mat karo.top class!ladka aatha ab,mast jodi hungi.humaarku shaadi waadi nahi hoti naa amma,is vaasthe dua karte tum logon ke liye.kya bhi dethe, diyo."
50 seconds
i dared to look up at him.Pink and white saree+matching blouse(reminded me of one of satya paul's creation i got see on tv!), black skin,green and maroon bangles,vermillion bottu,bell-shaped ear rings,a lovely satchel,straight face,well done eyebrows,rouge spread all over the face ,a lipstick 2-3 shades darker than the one on his face,a string of pearl around his not-so-feminine neck,and the look of 'the ball is in your court'.
i choose to observe all this yet remain indifferent.The glance could have lasted for not more than two seconds.then his hand extended to being 3 cm away from mine.One long hair on his hand was almost touching my hand.I murmur something, which he denies and stands there fixedly.I articulate properly next, he doesn't budge.The scooterist next to me gives me sympathetic looks.The auto wallah staring so hard from the mirror i thought his eyes would go out of order any moment.
30 seconds.
He repeats the same set of 'duas' again so i know what are all the benefits i will beget by giving him 'whatever i wish to give'.
10 seconds.
now, he's actually touching me and is getting closer by the second.
I am sporting the 'hehe!i'll be gone in 10 seconds look'.
8 seconnds.
This guy panics as i try to budge his hand off mine, coz the signal now reads 5 seconds.
the auto starts.i begin to let out a deep sigh coz the auto will move in 2 seconds.
yipeeee!!!go go GOOO!!!!!
hello??auto uncle??green signal???GO DAMN IT!!!!!
The autowallah was so busy staring into the mirror, that he gave a solid 2 seconds time for this fellow to jump and sit into the auto.thisss close to me!!im panicking.the auto is moving."stop the auto in a corner damn!!!".Done.
auto stops.this guy is holding on to the auto so we wont ditch him!!smartass!I'm digging into my huge bag.Now this guy goes,
"dus pe ek maarke do amma!"
yea right!Take my wallet sweety!(thankfully it had only 60 bucks,then!hehe!)I did and dig, finally there shines this kadak ten ka note.I hate giving away crisp notes!!!"no, look arournd.dispose all the change you have..."i say myself.dig dig dig!faster!he's getting sooo close!!damn!!!
Aaaah!!Finally!A less crisp note with four 25 paise coins.I give it away like he deserved it more than i needed it!Yea rite!!Just let him get down and i'll kill the auto guy later for his absent mindedness!he finally gets off and actually touches my head with one more special offer dua!
" tumhare bacche bahot khoobsoorat rehte amma.tum dekho!"
Im like "what??I couldn't care less how my kids look, so long as they aren't as dumb as me to give away 11 bucks to get rid of a smartass eunuch that manipulated me into falling for his senti touch!!"
Damn!I missed the sight of tank bund, coz of this wierd thingy!I have done this before as well.I fall for all such shitty 'duas' by just another mortal.It can also be a normal gesture to 'help' the poor.But what bugs me is that I kind of have this feeling that they mean it when they say such stuff,like they really wish me well!Is something like 'i'm so stupid, i trust everybody' written all over my face??or is it just that I need to get a little more immune to such attacks??Or does the whole world work that way-"i'll wish you well, and you do what you can do to help me out"??Or is it me thats reading too much into a matter that can pass off as a 'part and parcel of life??whatever it is, he couldn't possibly know what for me is a 'dua' or how i define 'ek dum mast' and 'mast jodi' or 'top class' or 'khoobsoorat bacche'.Man!I'm so naive!No,wait!may be I'm just so unwilling to learn...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:20 PM, October 21, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

baaayaaaa...! clap, smack
nee pillalu sallagunda.. naa baksheesh naakiyyi...
nee baanchan... nee kaalmokkta... pori... neeku tondarga pendlaitadi...


(tssk... its vidya)

5:40 PM, October 22, 2005  
Blogger divya said...

almost perfect with a nasal tone, and the little piece of music from the movie 'pyaar kiya to darna kya'...
but gone are the days...champa would rather prefer being called 'champ' or smthin!!

7:40 PM, October 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home