Sunday, October 16, 2005

MORE STATEMENTS TO PONDER ABOUT

Hmm.Updates from “Ma Vie”. Pretty comforting to know, that Ma Vie is already inundated with ‘priceless’ words, spoken by priceless peeps!! And then there are those words that stare into your eyes, conveying exactly what is obvious. Few profound one’s mocking at you to dig deep, deep, and deeper to understand the actual meaning! Others, having relative meanings, depending on how bright the lights of your brain glow. So, this is how ‘Ma Vie’ works. You speak (sense), Ma vie records!!
Anyway, I have to begin this post with the teeny wise words of my ‘former’ student Niharika-the Gemini. Usual after tuitions, teenage talk-time and this lady vomits these words completely out of no where! She goes,
“Divya man…Nothing seems to surprise me now-a-days; nothing at all!!!”
It can easily pass off as just another sentence if you choose to evade its not-so-obvious depth. I mean, it isn’t often that things take us by surprise, right? Most things that we experience has already been experienced, read about, seen, written about, and so the element of surprise is just so priceless to us now…

Poof! Now comes Mr. Karl Marx himself. I am so sure a couple of my ‘witty’ friends can relate to this principle of Marx (sad I can’t include his zodiac!)
“Merciless criticism of everything existing.”
Ahem…with all due respect, I guess with two and more decades of life on earth anybody would resort to this kind of a principle, right??

Third comes yd. Well, I could have put this piece as the first one, but then I don’t wish to be called ‘biased’ no!! So, this title given to me by Ms. Aquarius herself, thoroughly satisfies my leonine traits!!
“You are like a tequila shot!!”
Ahem…neither of us can claim to know the spice of tequila shot in reality. But then, we all know how it works right! So like that, I, at times, pep her up and beget such priceless titles! Boy!! What more could a Leo ask for!

Well…No matter how filmy the following episode sounds, it did happen to me! Here’s this totttal tapori kid (around 11-12 years of age) skating around the Maha apartment of ours, bossing over the oh-so-obedient mortals playing about and guiding the people who get lost in our huge apartment. This oldie comes up to me and asks me to guide him to this Mr.Rahiman. A name unheard?? Nah...Such a soul did not exist in the complex. I informed him that nobody of that name lived in any of the 120+ houses there. He wanted to leave but stayed back to chat up with an 11 yr old kid! We would have spoken for like 30 minutes or so and suddenly this chap goes
“ jaane ka hai beta…aapke jaise aur bahot logon se milna hai, unko bhi zindagi sikhana hai. Yeh ek baat yaad rakho saab, is dil ko kaaboo mein rakho.aapki hogi saari duniya…iske harkathon se anjaan hi raho beta…”
Obviously as an 11 yr old, I just giggled and went on skating. Now it intrigues me night and day. For all you know he could be some psycho family-reject, who goes about saying such stuff to kids, but it didn’t come across that way. May be he was some seer who could foresee my future and compass my ‘inconsolable needs’ and had come to warn me before hand. Jokes apart, this bloke still haunts me big time. Mocking at me every time I am bitten, warning me every time I am gonna be…

One of the many ‘old’ friends I have, this Gemini can never get enough of ‘kidding’ around! Roeheat, comme tu as voulu, tu as maintenant un blog (pas entière) mais for the time being, c’est suffisant. Yeah…so almost anything this fella says could go into Ma vie. (Not all for their sensibility though!) So, here’s what he’s got to say when we were discussing the lyrics of a not-so-knightly song
“Chivalry and equality cannot exist together. If you want chivalry, then accept that you aren’t equal. You want to be equal, don’t expect chivalry. Only of the two is offered.”
Wah Wah!!Much that I would love to negate that, I have to applaud! Who ever thought chivalry sprouted from a condescending outlook rather than, from respect.
How about this…
“By constantly agreeing with me, you leave no scope for further discussion. So don’t always agree with me!!”
Dude! When I agree-I agree, when I don’t I just shut up. At least then, that was the case. But this piece of your mind surely has taught me more than what it literally means. Looks like a subtler version of Bob Marley’s ‘stand up for your rights’!!

Aaah! How could I miss out on this! Kedar, the Piscean ‘old’ friend of mine whose “scheming” tricks are invincible, and is perfect(??) in dealing with damsels in distress (as he puts it)! But this was definitely one of your best, man!! Hats off!
“Democracy is like a wife of 15 yrs. You can’t love her afresh, and it’s too late to start hating her…”
I mean, yeah! At once convincing and controversial. Can’t wait to see Swe’s reaction to that… (Gotta warn you Mr.), but this surely was something!

Paulo Coelho sahib. Too much. Now, that’s what I would call a statement to ‘ponder’ about. Ripped off the pages of The Alchemist, this statement induces a never before dose of trust in the otherwise paranoid me…
“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it”…
I guess I have to leave it there to retain its beauty.

Back to the wise lady I know…I have been thinking this over for a long long time now, though I haven’t come up with something to support it, I don’t, at least, totally deny it.
She believes that,
“For any bond to click, you need to be worth each other…”
Worth as in…worth each other’s sensitivity, sensibility, vulnerability, compassion, trust, ideals, expectations, wisdom, naïveté, passion, blah blah blah…

Well…somehow, the art of making statements and the people who practice this art, the two are just fading away…at least from my sight:-D…And the ones that are hyped about, given all kinds of titles and called unnecessarily the Pop of our country make anything but statements…Double standard beeps! Ahem…ok…As I was saying, the Pop (Hell! I would so love to add another letter there!!!) of our nation, perhaps could claim to have made just one stupidly interesting statement… “I don’t ask others to do things, that I can’t do myself”…
Never mind…I’ll give him his space! And hope more and more people that are smart enough to get into Ma Vie, get in touch with me…After all what is life but for pondering about the statements uttered by some dope ( at times some egghead) and making sense out of it…(which he/she would never have thought about making!!)…

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes!I finally remembered what I wanted to say about this post!

the part about not getting surprised at all.. most things are so hyped about that we begin to expect the same from everything..and hence no surprise.
i dont know if that is making any sense at all..

nice set of quotes there..(one being mine,but of course;))and we can always trust roe to come up with things like that!

seri kalambalam:-D

8:40 PM, October 16, 2005  
Blogger Aakarsh said...

interesting..go and ask your Gemini friend again, about Chivalry & equality, he will deny what he said earlier. If he doesnt, then he isnt a gemini.

9:40 PM, October 16, 2005  
Blogger divya said...

u bet!"tendral varudhaa???"!!!!gawd that was invincible!
btw,surprise??whats that??the word is on the verrrge of extinction i guess...

9:42 PM, October 16, 2005  
Blogger divya said...

whoa!the timing is spooky!i wouldnt be surprised at all!after all, what is a gemini without his mpd!!ahem...twin, i mean!

9:44 PM, October 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home