Saturday, February 25, 2006

I wish I were a word...

In a joyous submission, I tread the space
the space in my mind,where i revel always;
the space which marvels at the worth of a word-
Each word so soothing as a melody unheard...

And each single moment,i think to myself-
"i wish i were a word-as distinct,as vague;
as inspiring and powerful, i wish i could be,
For each word is filled with its own duty."

A word inspires thought,that strikes in us a vision
A word bestows form to our unbuilt thought condition.
Words dictate expression of our silent musing
I wish i were a word-with my individuality oozing.

I wish i were a word for then I'd be sinificant.
I'd have limited uses, and still be content.
I can mean different, leaving the context to be blamed.
I can then change my facets, without being ashamed.

I wish i were a word, so the world can see,
how duty is mistaken for infidelity;
how "context" can mould my meaning and my soul,
I wish i were a word, with no rigid role...

7 Comments:

Blogger Aakarsh said...

Thanks for evidencing(not in a better way though....) that you are very much alive..still.

RIS (rest in silence)

8:40 AM, February 28, 2006  
Blogger Aakarsh said...

and coming to the poem,I the likes it very much.the theme and the actual write-up...both are good.actually,i could relate to every stanza...
Good work.

10:18 AM, February 28, 2006  
Blogger palamoor-poragadu said...

Free yourself of the context and really free shall you be.
You can 'mean' something different each day? Dont you think.

11:23 PM, March 01, 2006  
Blogger Ragz said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:07 PM, March 02, 2006  
Blogger Ragz said...

My word!! that was good!!

2:08 PM, March 02, 2006  
Blogger Gandaragolaka said...

Is this your first formal poem? It is totally in classical language. Wonderful read.

8:24 AM, March 03, 2006  
Blogger Cryptic Cookie said...

I see we have a poet(a really good one) at HydroGen. Swell.;) Words worth the while. :)

8:17 PM, June 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home