Sunday, August 28, 2005

MAD ARE WE??? MAD??? AH!!OUI!! MAD!! OUR VIES!! MAD AVIS!!

(Mad! ah! yes!) (Mad our lives!!) (Mad opinion)
I don’t like this lady! Not even like I hate her! As in, I am so sure she has her own strong points, despite the fact that she really does not let even one of them surface. No no …may be I am the one who is unable to see them; or may be I am so busy noticing her faults that I fail to collect them. But, on the other hand, in all the months that I have known her I can’t seem to even spot a single trace of something close to being laudable. I know this is pure exaggeration, but I can’t get myself to be good to her anymore. So why don’t I regard her as a nice lady?? I don’t know man! May be because of all these weird stuff she does??
OK. Do women in their mid-thirties and young girls in their late teens-early twenties share a common topic of discussion?? Usually, may be. But sometimes, no! Arre…so face it! Here we are, two young girls(yd n i) talking about our female acquaintances and their stupid guys and topics like blogging and our observations about the other classmates and blah blah blah…and this *mad?ah!oui!* lady suddenly gets up from her chair with a rather vexed face and leaves us both telling us that we were two inane youngsters monopolizing the conversation and discussing topics that didn’t interest her!! I mean HELLO!!!! How about choosing your “gang” right? Or how about telling sommmmething interesting once-in-a-while so we know you can speak? or best…how about excusing yourself without having to be jealous of us, cause we can discuss stuff you are no longer entitled to discuss about(or so its said!)…Gawd! I felt like yelling back at her, “Oh gee! You know what? I am gonna go home at once and ask my parents to get me married before our next class…so I can sit here with you, wait back after class and discuss other “interesting” and “mature” stuff with you!”. Or something like… “Oh yeah?? If you felt so left out, why don’t you get yourself to participate? Like we were holding a mike and it was our moral responsibility to royally invite you to honour us with a word or two!!!”…or even better, “Please leave then!! And for Christ’s sakes don’t expect us to invite you into a conversation! Especially if you are looking for one that involves husband-whine-time or something like that!” Its like, I feel like an imbecile myself, with many friends of mine! And in their company when I can’t add or attack, I at least react with interest! but this soul cannot stand annny topic man! …An added icing is that ever so annoying unprintable (if that is an accepted word!) noise she makes (with her Cancerian mouth!) that soooo efficiently serves its purpose of expressing her distaste or disgust about the topic dealt with then! Babes!!(‘Babe’akka rather!)…get a life!
And this woman actually has the guts to ask me if am gonna continue with my studies in the future! Yaa???…I have taken a year off to settle for the best choice and I have myriad reasons that forced me to set this year aside, but how could she actually ask ME if I were gonna study any further?? I felt like just tilting the hot cuppa coffee that was in my hand on to her dim white kurta and walk away like nothing ever happened. But my mom wouldn’t approve of such revenge…so I had to conclude the absurdity with one dirty look that I graced her with! Arre! This is worse than the time when she reminded me about the 5 bucks that I owed her !Galthi se ek bar I shared an auto with her, and the meter read some 30 rupees or something. She stuffed a 20 ka note into my hand and said she had no change! I even offered to give her change then and there (sixth sense, may be!), but she said she was in a hurry and she just left! Not like I had forgotten about it the next day in class. I was actually asking a friend of mine to exchange two five ke coins with a ten ka note! Before even I could dig my wallet she comes up to me and goes, “Divya? Have you got the five rupees that was due from yesterday??”. I have seen strange creatures in college and all that, but this piece here looked to me like she needed serious help da! I am not dealing with the amount I owed her, or she might have genuinely wanted the 5 bucks, but it is just that I was seriously shocked with the kind of authoritative tone she used then! These are times when I consider the option of clinical psychology to major in!
Retrospection sure makes you want to await another similar incident, so you can get back at them properly! OK! Fine…she is not all that bad! But then yes, just like I kind of get the hint when someone doesn’t really appreciate my presence or is not very fond of my attitude or company, I quit the place; I hope it was that way with all of us! I don’t gel with a certain kind of people. I gel best with a certain kind of breed! And I do not ever want to associate myself with the other kinds of creatures! So? It is for my good and for the other’s comfort that I refrain from embarrassing myself and make the other person feel awkward!
But this lady is like really hopeless! She is so problematically far yet so hauntingly present that I have to plead myself to make peace with her presence every time! I have not one clue of how I am gonna resolve this pain in my neck! I guess comme toujours, I am gonna try and crawl my way up the hill of discovering her better points (no…no pessimism any more, therefore I wont say, “if any”!!) I will make it a point that every time she stays back after class, if I am there then ( I won’t say god forbid also!), I will take care to see that I don’t get pissed, I might in fact try( real real hard) to pullllll her into a conversation! Yea…I’m telling it now, but I donno what my haal is gonna be then! All the same, I have learnt a grand lesson from this *mad?are we?* lady! And that lesson shall come handy when I get to my thirties (ohhh myyy goooodd!!!nahiiiiiiiii!).
Whatever! Somebody just go tell her that it is not very often that I make a kill-list and when I do, it is rather justifiable! I wonder on how many peoples kill-list I’ll find my name! I’m so sure there are many thirsting my end! Ha-ha! I hope all those dodos get to meet my game (our malignant cancer’ian) so they’ll know how less worthy I am of their distaste for me!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOd!!Dint know all those thoughts ran through her head everytime you saw her!I remember that day she walked out royally and made us feel like it were all our fault!

9:38 PM, August 27, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey whoz this lady??? u gotto give her a piece of ur mind...nevamind...shez crazy n she knw it way better then u do i guess...u rock on gal...

7:46 AM, September 01, 2005  
Blogger divya said...

haha!my sher!shes a the lady that lives close to our place...remember??nevamind...will tell ya laterz!

5:07 PM, September 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home