Monday, July 25, 2005

Statements to ponder about!

Man! After hours of thoughtful processing of ideas to write something different this time, I conclude upon the topic – pearls of inane wisdom…or something on like terms. I organize my thoughts and decide to jot them down after a while, coz then I was really harassed by “cute” thoughts. Anyways, that’s put aside and when I just opened Yd’s page she actually has a post (a new one) on the exact same stuff that I wanted to write about! Hello?? This kind of telepathy is very disturbing man! Chalo…I forgive the terribly similar frequency of our thought process and compromise on the copyrights of the topic. Sigh! Lemme take you to those pages of ma life (well…that’s a book that I maintain, called “my life”. not a journal, not a diary, not anything explicable!).well…so, “my life” has these pages which are dedicated to the “statements to ponder about”, which are the pearls of ultimate wisdom or sick dumb thoughts…(??) mouthed by people I know, or those that I just jot down as and when I see or hear them…so, here goes…

This one gets me any time…any damn time…
• “You can’t change the world. You just can’t.”
- Mme. Yechuri, one of the faculties at alliance francaise (my second home now!). I feel so strongly against it but then I don’t really know what to do…

• “You are too young to have an opinion!”
-This was uttered by one of my friend’s cousins who is 6 yrs older to her! How much more insecure can a man get?? And this was when they were all discussing modern day “actresses” and their “dashing” dress sense! I didn’t know this topic demanded an “only above 18 tags”!!

Nothing can ever beat this….
• “Neither you nor I have the time or the money for a relationship now.”
-A notorious guy from the merchant navy had said this to a friend of mine who anyway was the least interested in him…I won’t probe any further into this statement coz it speaks for itself!!!

Try this…
• “Money is a curse on man”
This I borrowed from a theatre play that I had recently seen! Thought it was a lot of sense at once and an exaggeration….

Boy…this one is still a question…I need help solving this one…
• “Men develop brains only when they have proved a failure in everything else!”
- This is from the book “the fountainhead” in which Ellsworth Toohey quotes this highly intriguing statement.

Hmm…this is my motto when it comes to making “good” friends…
• “Don’t ever make friends with a person whom, you think, you cannot take home with you”
-This one is by my mentor, Mrs.Prabhavathi. And sit to think of it, it is true. I would any day prefer someone worthy of taking home with me, than fret and fear.
This is too much!
• “Don’t ever spare anyone while you are being yourself”
God! My dad is just like me at times (yeah rite!)...Really...Both of us don’t speak a lot (ha-ha!) but when we do, we speak only sense!!!

Aaaah…there goes something mushy!
• “Understanding is friendship, Misunderstanding is romance!”
-This was said by a wise lady I know. I thought it was pretty interesting a concept. Although it’s not a fool-proof statement, it seems to induce some hope!

My friends are all not always dumb. They can talk sense too (at times).
• “Learn to be strong if you need friends”
-Hemanjani, one of my Piscean friends said this to me one day when I wept over something at college! Now when I sit to think about it, it sounds so true, I need to be strong if I need to have my friends around!

I really need to know if all guys think this way…
• “Decent is boring. A little less decent is interesting!”
-It doesn’t matter who said this so long as you know its one of my buddies (guy buddy). It is a rather thoughtful theory, I must say! And this measures of decency here is about decency in clothing (yes…women’s clothing)

Hmm…loads n loads of others in “my life”, but then it is not really nice to let it out for all right! Anyway…That was a part of a really interesting section of “my life”…I wish I could claim my actual life had something as interesting to offer!!!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really think it is a cool idea to have a diary to jot down quotes..especailly ones like these..they make you think..otherwise you just forget them.

7:17 PM, July 25, 2005  
Blogger Gandaragolaka said...

• “Neither you nor I have the time or the money for a relationship now.”

I am floored by the practicality of the person who said these words! super!

And abt men and brains, I told you not to read "the fountainhead"!! didnt listen!now look what you did!

7:31 AM, July 26, 2005  
Blogger divya said...

hey...im not brain washed or smthin...jus general curiosity man!...u didnt answer the question anyways!is it so???

6:24 PM, July 26, 2005  
Blogger Gandaragolaka said...

different concept of brains we have! cant compare... nevertheless, we dont say such things abt women

I guess that proves something. But then, may be I am not as smart as women...

8:05 AM, July 27, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha.....loved readin this though have heard most of em first hand.. write few more like these divs

5:37 PM, August 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:37 PM, August 06, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

"Understanding is friendship, Misunderstanding is romance"..well said liked.love reading it,waiting for more..

8:30 PM, October 09, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home