Thursday, August 18, 2005

IT’S HERE!!!!!IT’S HERE!!!!!!

Oh Gawd!! It’s always this way…I have been ballistic about my birthday for over a month now, pestering my “near and dear” ones, reminding them constantly about the number of days left, hammering them with my previous birthday bash experiences, literally dragging them to tears in the process…But most of my “kid” friends are so…I mean, they are worse. They don’t spare strangers also man! They suddenly flash that extra happy smile in bus stops at strangers giving them all kinds of doubts! They have pangs of “oh-my-god! It’s-my birthday-in-three-months”!!! or even worse, they start going hyper about a fellow “gang”ster’s birthday “much” in advance!
So, I kinda know how “sick” the feeling is, when a “kid” friend of yours is all worked up about throwing a bash! Last year- My “day” stunk! I mean it literally “STUNK”!!!The entire day went in the hope of something new and nice to happen…And yes,it remained a hope). Same old “many-many-happy-returns-of-the-day” (I almost dozed off every time a creature wished me that way!).Same old “so?? What plans in the evening??”…or even worse, “Treat kab hai??”…I mean how about a genuine wish and then expecting a “treat”??
Call me funny, call me weird, but for the past couple of years I have been keeping a track of how many people ‘actually’ wish a “happy” birthday to be in store for me. I mean eyes speak baap! You just can’t help but notice, how bland and sick some “wishes” are! …and that is so sad! Last year the count was -19 fellow students’ eyes spoke to me, about their genuine wish for a “happy” birthday! From more than 135 creatures in class! And outside class…most of them were true, Coz that leaves us with family and the other sidekicks, and their wishes mean more than the world to me!
All my “yippees” and “yahoos” and “Oh-my-gawd” days are over now, for this year. Coz its here! Its tomorrow! And I am so pareshaan! Man!! I don’t get even those 135 minus 19 fake wishes this year! And the rest tho waise bhi are always there! But I guess the few real real real true “happy birthday divya” s are much much much more valuable than the “wish you many more happy returns” (yawn!) …
But guess what! All my people are dimwits. They don’t believe in the existence of a word called “surprise”.(Huh?? What’s that??)Yeah! Really…I mean, Shaista has very religiously told me what is inside the very meticulously packed golden gift wrapper! Vidhya as usual will be ( I hope) giving me something from my tacit wish list! She and Sham( my cousin-kshamatha) I ( don’t) hear are planning on gifting me an aquarium…Surprise!! Man! How much more cuter can people get ya?? Hmm…so like that! Well…will have another post as to how my “day” this year went! Until then…if it’s some one else’s birthday around you, try reflecting some genuine wishes in your eyes! Or don’t wish at all! Coz that is how much it means to me at least!
yipppeeeeeeeee!!!!!!yeaaaaaa!!!!ohhh gawwwwwdddd!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Gandaragolaka said...

dont forget to remind me tomorrow...

11:38 AM, August 17, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

change in template?unfortunately I cannot see anything on my laptop:(..

5:33 PM, August 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home