Friday, August 05, 2005

I just realized…. “I’VE STOPPED LIVING”

What life is this I’m leading?
With no place for fun and adventure,
No time for anything but for competing,
No room for even a sweet gesture.

Not until long ago was I a Winner,
Cheering my little world in mirth.
Suddenly, now, my vivacity has lost its shimmer,
For jollity, I presume, there’s a dearth.

I no longer play badminton my way,
Where there was no chance for me to lose.
I no longer can spend the entire day,
Chasing in the pond that black goose!

I no longer dictate rules to my gang,
When there’s a mystery to solve.
I no longer laugh at my mom’s pang,
As I realize the facts around which lives revolve.

I no longer hide after whacking the boy next door,
When his mother would come, ready to fight.
I no longer enjoy pencilling the floor,
for someone to blacken their feet white!

I no longer call out names and hide,
For my sister to get all the thrashing!
I no longer feed the dog, as in hunger it cried,
While my mom wondered about the cookies vanishing!

I no longer scare the naïve,
Telling them tales of a one eyed monster!
I no longer have a chance to connive,
As to how to kidnap the neighborhood rooster!

I no longer visit the temple,
Where we sang to the glory of God!
I no longer help people in ways simple,
Which would carry along a great applaud!

I no longer steal gooseberries from the garden,
That would leave the gardener all hyper!
I no longer go back and ask for pardon,
When we’d break the cranky old man’s wiper!

I no longer ‘live life’, I realize.
I barely exist as of now.
I wish I could go back to my childhood,
For, then I seem to have ‘rocked’ the world somehow!

2 Comments:

Blogger Gandaragolaka said...

a while ago, I received a gift from a kid who made me realise I was a kid as well...

but then, people are racing to join the band-wagon of grown ups so much that I guess its ok for the kid to stop living!

12:48 PM, August 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

would it be right to quote something I read loong ago..I don't remember the author-
"One does not really grow up.We only learn how to act in public."

2:48 PM, August 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home