Friday, July 08, 2005

MY SIDE OF "THE STORY"

I’m no ‘Theologist’ to be certain,
Nor am I an Atheist to protest,
I’m no follower to believe, in
Something that’s worshipped by the rest.

I’m called names by a few,
for questioning their belief.
But I still don’t have a clue,
As they mum me with retorts brief.

I wonder which Theos insists,
On a warfare in His name!
I’m equally awed by the Nihilists,
Who rule out Religion from the game.

I spend hours trying to fathom,
The reason we garland an idol.
The testimonies are always a welcome,
But to bolster them is another hurdle.

I ponder if all this can be justified;
Either ways, I wouldn’t be affected.
Just that the World’s peace would be fortified,
‘ If ’ with religion we weren’t so connected.

I see no point in vaguely sermonizing,
When we’re so closely related to malice,
Preaching, praying and trusting.
With a heart that’s nothing but callous!

I’m glad I’ve turned Agnostic,
For I have no need to pretend.
But don’t you rate this as rhetoric,
For that’s not what I intend!

For me, my conscience is ‘The Almighty’,
It is all that I revere,
It is all that I regard as ‘The Deity’,
It is the only part of me I fear.

No ‘heavenly body’ do I follow.
No ‘verbose theories’ I preach.
No ‘bread in wine’ do I swallow.
No ‘wishes or grants’ I beseech.

I search no God in the debris.
I kill no one for His cause.
I totally live by my nous,
For that’s my God and my Boss!

2 Comments:

Blogger Aakarsh said...

aaah! u spoke my mind..(coincidentally)..and that too..very well..read ur blogs...good ones..thats enough reason for me to visit ur page frequently.

1:09 PM, July 09, 2005  
Blogger divya said...

thank you aakarsh...specially coming from incredibly talented peeps like you...

6:40 PM, July 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home