Wednesday, July 13, 2005

COMPLACENCY- DELETED!

Feels like I’m just a living Zilch,
After having realized what I really am;
It took me seventeen years to flinch,
From the truth that was always in hand.

I have for so long been taking pride,
In all of my piffling achievements;
It’s just now that I notice the void,
As I sit to consolidate the fragments.

I can’t help but ask myself,
“How could I have been so myopic?”
As if that weren’t quite enough,
I admit I’ve also been lethargic.

I’ve only seen how far I’ve gotten through,
In climbing the ladder of life-uncanny.
I sought solace by looking at those
Ahead of whom I’d gotten, Oh! Were they many!

Oh! How I wish life was more perspicuous!
For then it would not have been this hard,
To accept that my life (yes) is ridiculous,
I would at least have been on guard!

Now, I’m left to swim ashore,
across the ocean of self-discovery.
Complacency is something I can have no more,
if I resolve to win my destiny.

Oh boy! Was it a revelation!
A waking call that shattered me.
It only proved wrong my presumption,
That I was happy just being me!

2 Comments:

Blogger Gandaragolaka said...

there are seldom that make unpoetic words (like zilch) sound poetic.

10:25 PM, July 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so much like me- atlest this poem reflects how ambitious you are, yet so unconventional and original!! the sheer simplicity yet the uniqueness captivates me!! I like it!!

Also thanks for your compliments!!if u use orkut-feel free to add me-btw whr did u find my blog??:):)

3:09 PM, July 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home