Thursday, July 14, 2005

GEMINI MIRAGE

Oh! A mere mirage it was, I knew,
But indulge in it, I did.
Perhaps to get a feel of it…
or to know if I was worth it…

For years its form I admired;
Its dazzling aura, I felt;
Knowing all through that it’s beyond reach,
The very nearness of it, I enjoyed.

To somehow reach it I tried,
And in it a failure I had been,
Longing to discover it I was
Living a fool’s life I understood.

Yet, its magic was undeniable,
Smitten by its charm, closer I approached;
Only to know that, true, I was at first-for
The dazzling being was gone…

For miles and hours I walked;
For the dazzling being I searched;
Just then the reality I faced-
Oh! It was a mirage that I chased.

In spite of knowing the truth, I chose
to live in a dream for a while.
Just because I felt so, I thought I was close;
But it was an endless mile.

Now, I know, what mirages can do,
by their dazzling and dubious charm.
I’d lost in its game and in my own too,
But now it can cause me no harm…

4 Comments:

Blogger Gandaragolaka said...

"Knowing all through that it’s beyond reach,
The very nearness of it, I enjoyed."

"But it was an endless mile."

"But now it can cause me no harm"

Nectarine verse! Smells like... beauty!

5:38 PM, July 14, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey What happened to your recent poem?why did you delete it?

11:25 AM, July 17, 2005  
Blogger Aakarsh said...

well,now look who is better with lines...wonderful...and yes..i relate myself with the words..Gemini and Mirage..so u see..the lement of liking started from the word go..the title itself..
and the lines!! now should i say 'somebody teach me'..!!

11:21 PM, July 18, 2005  
Blogger divya said...

gawd!a leo cudnt ask 4 better compliments...may be this is wer i end up losing-im flattered!n yes!donot...i mean,donot humiliate talent by even thinking of "learnin!" 4m an undertalented!haha!if not as bad as dat...we mere mortals cant match ya guyz,,,n thats the hard truth of life!

12:01 PM, July 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home