Monday, April 20, 2009

Back to The Forest

I leave today to live in a forest community for a year (as of now). No. It is not an attempt at running away from "my life". I do not intend to cause any suspicion among jobless minds with this decision of mine, and so do not take the pain of wondering why i do this.

It is not any kind of psycho aashram that i have joined.

It is not a rave party hide out hub whatever place.

It is not a free life (free booze, free love, free dope, ) place.

It is not a place where wanna-be'ish kids go to make others feel small.

It is definitely not a place with no values or goals. (come to think of it, it is one place that has some objective!)
what it is, is a forest community. i wont try and dissect it to tiny pieces, lest u forget the holistic view. It is a place that believes in afforestation, community living and many such things which are of nobody's concern today. If you are smirking to yourself at your well paid desk sucking job, im sorry for you! I know my life will have those days too, but atleast i do not wish to start my life doing things i absolutely abhor. i was given the chance of being associated with this project, and rest assured i took it with all my heart and mind. My soul is too fickle to be dedicated to any one thing in life, and so i shall say that a part of my soul is happy about this too!
April 20, i leave to the forest that is about 15 kms from pondi. I plan to live there, doing what we do, eating what we eat, living how we live for a year. I do intend to blog more often than i have been in the recent past, but i am not sure if i will have access. I leave behind things and people, situations and encounters that give me no reason to be happy about leaving them. But i go only because i chose to, and i want to. I hope the forest teaches me ME and brings to life those sides of me that have only breathed in the darkness of my soul, lest they be misjudged! I wish you all well. hugs! :-)
"May there be many more forests to grow people."

4 Comments:

Blogger Aakarsh said...

Firstly, I envy u.

It is going to be one deadly learning experience.

I hope this new experience is a step towards something bigger, substantially enriching and meaningful.

Above all,what matters the most is - Self Discovery.

I dont want to say the cliche`d 'All the bests' and lucks and all that. Because you can read my thoughts.

Go.Do Good.Come back Better.

2:07 AM, April 20, 2009  
Blogger Random Walker said...

Ditto ditto. Hello and good wishes from across the void.

9:20 AM, April 20, 2009  
Anonymous divz said...

aakarsh:
:-)
yep...like they say "and all that jazz!" and ill remember ur do good part too! ;-P

random walker:
thank u! do get in touch for "further details"... :-)

3:30 PM, April 20, 2009  
Blogger shalini said...

psycho aashram... hmm!

4:08 AM, April 21, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home